Entertainment

Bill Cosby plans to tour in 2023, despite new sexual assault allegations – National


Disgraced comedian Bill Cosby says he plans to return with a comedy tour scheduled for 2023.

Cosby, 85, was released from prison last year after the Pennsylvania Supreme Court dropped his criminal sex assault charge, ruling that Cosby should never have been prosecuted under the settlement he signed. signed with the district attorney.

The only written evidence of such a promise was a 2005 press release from then-prosecutor Bruce Castor, although his successors said it was far from reaching an immunity agreement. lifetime.

Read more:

Shoot Megan Thee Stallion – Tory Lanez was found guilty of all 3 counts

In 2018, Cosby became the first celebrity to be convicted of sexual assault in the #MeToo era for drugging and sexually abusing Andrea Constand, a university sports administrator. He served three years before being released.

The story continues below the ad

Cosby publicly talked about his intention to return to comedy during a December 28 radio interview with Scott Spears on WGH Talk. Spears asked the comedian if he had any intention of returning to the stage in 2023, to which he replied “yes”.

“Yes, because there is a lot of fun in telling this story that I do.”

Read more:

Nick Carter accused of raping 17-year-old girl during Backstreet Boys tour in 2001

Cosby seemed to refer to his detention and legal battles in the interview, saying, “As we quote-unquote get out of this mess, I know my enemy is who and I know why they are my enemies.”

“I respect people like you,” Cosby told Spears, “and others who have a clear view of what happened to me.

“When I came out of this, I felt that I would be able to perform and be the Bill Cosby that my audience, personally, knew me.”

Cosby’s rep, Andrew Wyatt, confirmed to Variety and ET that the comedian is “considering spring/summer to begin touring.”

The story continues below the ad

The reaction on Twitter to Cosby’s intention to start the tour was mostly negative.

The story continues below the ad

Earlier this month, five women filed a new sexual assault lawsuit against Cosby under the New York Adult Survivors Act. Two of the plaintiffs are actors who worked on Cosby Program, Lili Bernard and Eden Tirl. The other three women are Jewel Gittens, Jeniffer Thomspon and Cindra Ladd.

Read more:

Bill Cosby sued by 5 women in new sexual assault lawsuit

Bernard, who played Mrs. Minifield in Cosby ProgramCosby said he drugged and raped her twice in 1990 and 1991. Tirl, who played a minor cop role on the 1989 show, alleges that Cosby inappropriately touched her without permission. consent while in the dressing room.

Two of the other women, Gittens and Ladd, say they were drugged and raped by Cosby. Thompson alleges Cosby inappropriately touched her without her consent when she was 18.

Cosby denied the allegations through a statement from his representative.

Read more:

Bill Cosby Defends TV Wife Phylicia Rashad After She Supported His Release

“Mr. Cosby continues to vehemently deny all charges against him and wishes to defend himself in court.

Cosby has faced dozens of similar charges in recent years, with more than 50 women speaking out in 2014 and 2015 to say they were assaulted by the now-disgraced TV star.

The story continues below the ad

Earlier this year, jurors at a civil trial found that Cosby had sexually abused a 16-year-old girl at the Playboy Mansion in 1975.

A Los Angeles County jury ruled in favor of Judy Huth, now 64, and awarded her $500,000.

— With files from Global News’ Michelle Butterfield

© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

news5h

News5h: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button