Interested in learning what’s next for the games industry? Join gaming executives to discuss emerging parts of the industry this October at GamesBeat Summit Next. Sign up today.
I will tell you straight: Ya the girl here is not a hard person Pokémon fan. I have nothing against the series, and it’s been a part of my personal and professional life since the ’90s, so I couldn’t just skip it even if I wanted to. But the announcement of a new release that never fails to make the little deer-eyed 3rd grader in me sit up and say “Hey, that still looks like fun!” And Scarlet and Violet are no exception. The Pokemon Company this week announced new details about the new titles, including a look at the new region, Paldea.
I wouldn’t say the ability to have a Pokémon motorcycle would be enough to entice me to play the game. But it’s definitely not pain. I can say that I will at least dip into it. I need to find out what’s the deal with the lovely crystal hats I saw during the presentation. I also thought I’d try knitting Grusha’s scarf, because it’s pretty stylish.
Talking about something that has been a part of my life since the 90s, a New Tomb Raider scenario appeared online. If real, then the game will follow the exploits of an elderly Lara Croft working with a team of other archaeologists. I haven’t read the docs myself, but I get the impression that Lara, now a legend with nothing left to prove, already has some young history supporters under her wing. She can finally find herself a romantic partner. I will be very happy if this turns out to be true. Lara Croft hasn’t really evolved into a character in 26 years. Not only does she deserve personal happiness and fulfillment, but she also deserves her spot in the “lone wolves become bossy parent” hall of fame alongside Kratos. , Dante and the cast of Mortal Kombat.
Personally, I’ll keep trying to hack it in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 this weekend. I spent part of the week playing Two Point Campus (which I’ll talk more about next week) and I felt like I needed to clear my palate a bit. This is also a relative weakness based on major new releases, so I think if someone needs a little time to catch up – or catch their breath – this is it.
What to play this week
- Golf Turbo Racing
- Mortuary Assistant
- South of the circle
- Retreat to Enen
New on subscription services:
- Ghost Recon Wildlands (Xbox Game Pass)
- I/O Shenzhen (Xbox Game Pass)
- Calico (Xbox Game with Gold)
- Saint’s Row 2 (Xbox Game with Gold)
- Amazing Bomberman (Apple Arcade)
- Yakuza: Like A Dragon (PlayStation Plus)
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PlayStation Plus)
- Little Nightmare (PlayStation Plus)
- Calico (Stadia Pro)
- Saints Row: The Third – Remastered (Stadia Pro)
- Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 (Stadia Pro)
- Shantae Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (Stadia Pro)
- Murder by numbers (Stadia Pro)
- Welcome to Elk (Stadia Pro)
- StarCraft: Remastered (Main game)
- Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (Prime Gaming)
- The Beasts of Maravilla Island (Prime Gaming)
- Recompile (Prime Gaming)
- ScourgeBringer (Prime Gaming)
- Family Mystery: Poisonous Promises (Prime Gaming)
- Control: Ultimate Edition (Prime Gaming)
- Myst (Prime Gaming)
- Garfield Kart (Prime Gaming)
- Steel Assault (Prime Gaming)
- Asphalt 9: Legends (GeForce Now)
- Loss of Light (GeForce Now)
- Camp Canyonwood (GeForce Now)
- Creeper World 4 (GeForce Now)
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker (GeForce Now)
- Strategic Mind: Blitzkrieg (GeForce Now)
- Strategic Thinking: The Pacific (GeForce Now)
- Strategic Thinking: The Specter of Communism (GeForce Now)
- Strategic Thinking: Fighting for Freedom (GeForce Now)
- Talisman: Digital Edition (GeForce Now)
- Video Horror Society (GeForce Now)
GameBeat’s creed when covering the gaming industry as “where passion meets business.” What does that mean? We want to let you know how important the news is to you – not just as a decision maker at the game studio, but as a game fan. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy its involvement. Learn more about membership.