Oral Cancer Awareness Month 2022 – ‘Early Screening Is Important’
The mortality rate associated with oral cancer is high because the disease is being detected at a late stage. Don’t worry, oral cancer does not develop suddenly. There are warning signs and causes that may increase your chances of developing oral cancer (
If you see any of these signs or symptoms, schedule an appointment with your dentist (
If you want to protect yourself from oral cancer, here are some risk factors to know:
contain dangerous chemicals, cause cancer, increase the risk of oral cancer. Even if you have used tobacco for many years, quit now to have a positive impact on your health
Sex- Studies have shown that men are twice as likely to be affected by oral cancer as women. So men can counter this risk by visit their dentist for regular checkups and take good care of their oral health.
Presence of Human Papillomavirus— Human papillomavirus, or HPVIs one sexually transmitted infections increases the risk of developing certain cancers. One of them is oral cancer. This happens for both men and women (5✔ ✔Trusted Source
Go to source).
Don’t wait any longer. In the spirit of Oral Cancer Awareness Month, be proactive about your oral health and get checked out today.
Oral cancer screening takes less than 10 minutes. Invest your time wisely this April with your dentist. Always prevention is better than cure.
- April Is Oral Cancer Awareness Month – 2022 – (https://oralcancerfoundation.org/april-is-oral-cancer-awareness- month-2022/)
- Raising awareness about oral cancer – (https://www.aaoms.org/media/raise-oral-cancer-awareness)
- Facts about oral cancer – (https://oralcancerfoundation.org/facts/)
- Key statistics for diseases of the oral cavity and oropharyngeal cancer – (https://www.cancer.org/cancer/oral-cavity-and-oropharyngeal-cancer/about/key- Statistics.html)
- Mouth cancer – (https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/health-info/oral- cancer)