Prince Harry suffered a huge loss in the middle of one of his legal battles!
On Tuesday at the High Court in London, the Duke of Sussex was officially banned from paying for his own police protection in the UK.
After the first hearing last week, Judge Martin Chamberlain announced that he would not allow Harry to request a judicial review of the UK government’s decision to strip him of security from him and his family when they visited England. When Harry and Meghan Markle relinquishing their role as senior working royals in 2020, they have lost special police protection in the UK. The decision is made by Executive Committee protects royalties and public characterincluding officials from the government, London Metropolitan Police Service, and the royal family. Harry and his lawyers have tried to argue that the formal review process should re-evaluate the ruling, but he won’t get his wish!
Related: Prince William won’t invite Prince Harry to his coronation?!
Harry brought his claim back to the court in September 2021 on five grounds, four of which the judge initially determined was “disputable” for consideration, but when considering the In actual situations, that decision is not enough to reverse the decision. Harry tried to argue that there were provisions in UK law allowing separate payments for “special police services”, but Chamberlain clapped back, saying the services Harry was seeking “different from police services provided at (for example) sporting or recreational events, because they involve the deployment of highly trained specialist officers, who there are limited numbers and people who are required to put themselves in jeopardy to protect their principal.” Chamberlain announced its adoption CBS news:
“RAVEC’s argument is that there are policy reasons why those services are not available for payment, even though others are. I can’t find anything that would be illogical in that reasoning.”
As was revealed in the protracted case, when visiting his hometown in July 2021 to inaugurate a statue of his mother Diana PrincessA spokesman for Harry said in January 2022. Apparently, this caused his car to be chased by photographers. (Guess last week’s NYC incident wasn’t his first car chase?!) A rep said Guard At a time:
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally sponsor a separate security team for their family, but that security team cannot replicate the protection needed by police while in the UK. Without that protection, Prince Harry and his family cannot return to their homes.”
Related: Harry & Meghan DEMAND Photo Agency Gives Them Footage of ‘Chase’
“The Duke first offered to pay for himself and his family to be protected by UK police in January 2020 in Sandringham. That offer was rejected. He is still willing to cover the cost of security rather than imposing it on UK taxpayers. As is widely known, others who have left public office and are at inherent risk of intimidation will receive police protection at no cost to them.”
The Archewell the founder was determined to find ways to provide more protection for himself and his family as he feared for their safety, the spokesperson noted:
“Prince Harry’s goal is simple – to keep himself and his family safe while in the UK so his children can know about his hometown.”
Now after this years-long war, he has made no progress. Damned. If he can’t figure this out, we don’t think it’s possible Prince Archie or Princess Lilibet Coming to the UK soon! We understand the government doesn’t want to pay for Harry’s police details, but it’s crazy that he can’t pay for himself! Think?! Let us know (below)!
[Image via MEGA/WENN]