Should I Buy Amazon Stock After the Split? 3 Advantages What to say
Experts are optimistic about AMZN stock after the stock split.
- Amazon (AMZN) the stock just went through a 20 to 1 split.
- This greatly reduces its price to make it easier for many traders to invest.
- Experts are weighing whether this is a good thing for AMZN stock.
Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) experienced a recent major stock split. Now some traders are wondering “should I buy the stock” after the split.
AMZN has undergone a 20-for-1 stock split to reduce the price of its shares. This gives the company access to more traders. That includes people who cannot afford shares at much higher prices.
For a look at a 20-for-1 stock split scenario, shares of AMZN stock are trading for about $125 as of Monday afternoon. Before the split, the company’s stock was at a whopping $2,447 per share.
Should I Buy Amazon Stock After the Split?
Should Investors Buy AMZN After the Recent Split? Let’s see if now is the time to buy stocks according to experts and professional commentators.
- “Investing in tech giants can be a sound strategy in the long run […] Don’t hesitate to buy a few Amazon shares today – it’s easier now that they’re cheaper.” – David Modelel, InvestorPlace Contributors
- “After a significant capital investment cycle to support the rapid expansion of e-commerce volumes during the COVID-19 pandemic and to support the rollout of Prime one-day and same-day shipping options, we believes that investment intensity is now falling to a more sustainable rate. ” – Brian Fitzgerald, analyst at Wells Fargoevery Road
- “Over the long term, stocks are still a great investment […] It would be smart for investors to buy stocks at a discount and keep them in their portfolio for the long term.” – Joel Baglole, InvestorPlace Contributors
AMZN stock is up 3% as of Monday afternoon.
Originally published on InvestorPlace: Read here
Image Credit: Provided by Amazon; Thank you!