The two men were cautiously interviewed by officers investigating the cash-for-honour allegations related to King Charles III’s charitable foundation, the Prince’s Foundation.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “On Tuesday, September 6, police interviewed a man in his 50s and a man in his 40s who were alerted in connection with the offense under the Honor (Abuse Prevention) Act of 1925.
“The investigation is still ongoing and we will not be commenting on its progress.”
A statement from the Prince’s Foundation said: “While it would be inappropriate to comment on an ongoing investigation, it should be noted that the Prince’s Foundation continues to provide its full cooperation. .”
In february one The investigation has been started into an attempt to give honor and citizenship to a Saudi citizen associated with the charity.
Last year, Michael Fawcett, a former aide to King Charles who was at the center of the allegations, stepped down as chief executive of the charity.
His departure comes amid the charity’s own investigation into the honorary claims given to businessman Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz.
Mr Mahfouz, 52, who received an honorary CBE in 2016, denies any wrongdoing.
In September, Clarence House said that at the time Prince Charles “wasn’t aware of an alleged offer of honor or British citizenship on the basis of donations to his charities”.