WB can throw out the flash after all of Ezra Miller’s unfortunate behavior – Here are their options!
Warner Bros. can’t run away from the problems around The Flash forever! For now, the studio is said to be deciding what steps to take.
As we reported, the asterisk Ezra Miller (users of the pronoun they/they) have had several lawsuits with the law over the past year amid an increasingly erratic sequence of behaviour. Most recently, they were charged with a felony burglary for allegedly stealing bottles of wine from a Vermont home; Meanwhile, Vermont’s child services department is said to be trying to locate a mother and three children believed to be at Miller’s ranch.
It’s an unfortunate time for WB, as Ezra is heavily touting the newest big-budget DC superhero slated to hit theaters on June 23, 2023.
Related: Amber Heard Reacts To Rumors She Was Announced And Recurred Aquaman 2!
So what is a studio for? Well, a source with knowledge of the situation said The Hollywood Reporter that Warner Bros. is considering three potential scenarios:
1. Ezra explains herself
Company executives have received word that the 29-year-old star, whose mother has been by their side in the past few days, will seek expert help after returning to their Vermont ranch.
If Ezra does seek treatment, they may be interviewed before the movie hits theaters to explain their controversial behavior. After that, the actor is likely to have limited press for the superhero movie, and the film will be released as scheduled. This is probably the ideal outcome for Warner, as well as DC Comics fans – who just lost another complete movie at the completion of $90 million Bat girl Movies are lined up forever.
2. Ezra Who?
The second option is to provide serious I-don’t-know-her energy. Warners will release the film as planned, but Miller will play a minimal role in marketing and promotion. Maybe nothing at all. They also won’t play Flash in future projects.
Breaking ties can be only Options have afforded studios now. So a lot of scandals have been solved so far. However, the WB might consider a “cancelled” star to be too much of a liability that would destroy the movie, so… there’s the nuclear option…
3. Trash The Flash
The third option is probably a worst-case scenario for the World Bank. If the situation with Miller worsens, the studio could scrap the film entirely.
It’s sad to not be able to go back with another actor, as Ezra plays many characters and practically every scene. This would be an unprecedented move, as the film had a budget of $200 million.
The stakes here are also quite high for the WB, like The Flash is expected to chart a new course for DC Extended Universe. The film also has the participation of Michael Keatonwho will reprise the role of Batman for the first time in 30 years, as well as Ben Affleck, who plays another version of the Caped Crusader. It really sounds like it’s supposed to be theirs Spider-Man: There is no way home. And that REALLY works for Sony.
On the bright side of the company, they could have potential – thanks to a merger with Discover – still have a chance to get tax relief by canning the project forever. Again, that’s worse for them than a hit movie and beyond, distant worse for all the fans.
You think Warner Bros. Which way will you go, reader Perezious? Share your thoughts (below).
[Image via Warner Bros./MEGA/WENN]